Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ziploc Zip' N Steam


I have to share a product I love.  As I try to eat healthy, the idea of boiling vegetables doesn't sound so appealing anymore.  Boiling foods makes them lose their nutrients, get water logged, and frankly takes too much time.  The Zip' N Steam bags have been a great find.  They are a quick way to eat healthy. Simply put your food in the bag, add a bit of water and seasoning and microwave.  On the outside of the bag, detailed instructions are given in regarding to certain food items and the length of time needed to be microwaved. Today I tried fish. From the freezer to the bag, three fillets took 6 minutes.  The flavor was cooked completely through each fillet.  I added season salt, lemon pepper, a TBLS of butter and a splash of water and the taste was very vibrant and the texture was moist but not soggy. You could use this bag to steam fresh or frozen vegetables, seafood, poultry and so much more.  I give this product 5 STARS!


No comments:

Post a Comment